Harvest season is in full swing at Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards. At this time of year, as the weather turns cooler and fresh autumn vegetables start showing up at local farmer’s markets, our thoughts turn to all of the ways wines complement and enhance the bounty of the season. Here are a few of our favorite fall recipes and pairings courtesy of fellow Cutrarians and Chef Ash:
- A delicious bowl of soup created with seasonal vegetables such as, Pumpkin with Wild Mushrooms, Radicchio with Smoked Goat Cheese or Winter Squash Soup paired with a glass of Russian River Ranches Chardonnay is always a great combo for a cozy night in.
- California enjoys a long fig season from May all the way to December. Pick up some fresh Figs and Gorgonzola Cheese for a quick and delicious appetizer to enjoy with a glass of Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.
- Bored with beef? Stuffed Red Peppers with Boar pair very nicely with a glass of Russian River Valley Pinot Noir.
- Pan-Roasted Chicken with Tarragon Mustard is a warm and flavorful dish to have on a cool evening and goes wonderfully with Russian River Ranches Chardonnay.
- Finally, the ultimate comfort food on a cool fall evening is a delectable dish of Macaroni and Cheese with Sonoma Coast Chardonnay.